Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD, Now everything is big.

• Please log in to reply

gracerofl

gracerofl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So I was doing nothing special earlier when I got a scary blue screen. I don't think it was quite the blue screen of death, but then I've never had a blue screen at all before so I don't know. It told me that if it was the first time I had seen that screen to restart, so I did.

When my computer reloaded again everthing was (and still is) too big. The icons on my desktop, everything on my start bar, the windows, everything. It feels like I'm zoomed in on IE right now but it's at 100%. Going View>Classic Icons instead of Medium Icons doesn't help either - they still take up too much space. It cuts things off and messes up my links in IE. Things don't fit where they should. It's super annoying.

I tried a system restore (since that had always helped any previous computer problems I've had), but it didn't change anything. I bet I'm missing something stupidly obvious but oh well. This is bugging me a lot and I don't know what to do about it!

Thanks for your time.
grace

(Oh, and I use Windows Vista by the way.)

Advertisements

BrettM WinTeam

BrettM WinTeam

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Give this a try!

"Start"--"Control Panel"--Accessability Options

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

gracerofl

gracerofl