Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio Output Devices

• Please log in to reply

Smashley76

Smashley76

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
All of the devices under the sound, video, & game controllers have yield symbols beside them and the cause is Code 19 - Your registry might be corrupted. I've MBAMed, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc to no avail.

Please help me fix my sound. I miss my music.

Thank you!

Edited by Smashley76, 14 July 2010 - 06:07 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
More info needed.
You uninstalled, reinstalled what?
Post a list of all devices with errors.
What's your computer make and model?

Smashley76

Smashley76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
The RealTek driver, etc.

It's a Toshiba Satellite A205-S4707.

I tried downloading the device on the website to no avail :-(

Thank you for helping me,

Ashley

Attached Thumbnails

• Caution.jpg

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Did you uninstall current driver first?

Smashley76

Smashley76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes, I got them from the RealTek site the driver dates 7/6/2010.

But, I did recently have some trouble with a rouge anti-software virus and before I got help, I ran a random OTS Fix from previously for the same virus.

I ran this OTS Fix first.

[Unregister Dlls]
[Registry - Safe List]
< BHO's [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
YN -> {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} [HKLM] -> Reg Error: Key error. [Reg Error: Key error.]
YN -> {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} [HKLM] -> Reg Error: Key error. [Reg Error: Key error.]
< Internet Explorer ToolBars [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\] > -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
YN -> WebBrowser\\"{A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E}" [HKLM] -> Reg Error: Key error. [Reg Error: Key error.]
< Run [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\] > -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
YY -> "rgjnvpbd" -> C:\Users\Smashley\AppData\Local\apyqai\hwgdsftav.exe [C:\Users\Smashley\AppData\Local\apyqai\hwgdsftav.exe]
[Files/Folders - Created Within 30 Days]
NY -> apyqai -> C:\Users\Smashley\AppData\Local\apyqai
NY -> Fonts -> C:\Users\Smashley\Fonts
NY -> Coupons -> C:\Program Files\Coupons
NY -> 4 C:\Users\Smashley\Documents\*.tmp files -> C:\Users\Smashley\Documents\*.tmp
NY -> 2 C:\Windows\System32\*.tmp files -> C:\Windows\System32\*.tmp
NY -> 1 C:\Windows\*.tmp files -> C:\Windows\*.tmp
[Empty Temp Folders]

The virus wasn't gone so, I then asked for help on here. This is what transpired: http://www.geekstogo...ng-t280949.html

Do you think it's possible in trying to remove the virus that the audio devices got messed up in the process?

Smashley76

Smashley76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I get my internet through Comcast which provides Norton anti virus for free. I downloaded it, ran it, restarted, and behold---SOUND! I've never been so happy to hear those Windows Chimes :-)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Good news :)