Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for Remote Software for Training, Troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply

Mark W

Mark W

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I am looking for a Remote Screen Sharing type of software that can be used for training and troubleshooting purposes and it needs to work on both Mac and Windows.
The situation I have is I use Mac only except for Windows running under VMWare but I will need to be doing work at home for an office that is 500 miles away and they use Windows only.
I want to be able to view the screen of the computer that is 500 miles away and also be able to control it such as using the mouse to walk the person using that computer through menus and doing work for training purposes. I also if possible want to be fully able to use the computer where I could view files, print files if possible, save files, even copy files to that computer and back to mine.
If possible I'm willing to have software that runs on Windows on my side but I prefer the Mac side but I know I will also need the Windows version for the computer on the other side.
I have known nothing about this type of software. Does anybody have a suggestion of a program I should look into for this purpose?
Thank you for your help.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
LogMeIn.com
https://secure.logme.../products/free/

Remote Access to Your PC or Mac

LogMeIn Free gives you remote control of your PC or Mac from any other computer with an Internet connection.

Simply install LogMeIn on the computer you want to access (it takes about 2 minutes), log into your account from another computer and click the computer you want to control. You'll see its desktop and be able to use all the applications on your remote computer as if you were sitting in front of it - even if you're across town, across the country, or across the world.

•Works with Windows PCs and Mac OS X
•Two-minute set-up
•100% free

Want file transfer, remote printing, desktop sharing, and more? You need LogMeIn Pro˛

LogMeIn Pro˛ provides full remote access so you can transfer files between computers, print documents from your remote computer to a local printer, share files with others and more. It is the complete remote access solution for mobile professionals and telecommuters.

johnclick

johnclick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My 2 cents: RHUB has an all-in-one appliance called TurboSupport that's exceptional for training and troubleshooting. I've tried other remote access platforms, and RHUB's has been the easiest to use and most effective.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Team Viewer and LogMeIn are my two favorite options. With my jobs each having some form of remote support, I've used it all basically. I love LogMeIn Central with the desktop app' the most, but this can be fairly expensive unless you have a large enough customer base to make huge discounts worth it. Team Viewer is not too badly priced and allows all the items you mentioned and more. Now a completely free, slightly slowed down item would be Join.Me.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Logmein and GoToMeeting are the goto enterprise apps. Cost is a serious issue as has already been mentioned. If your not dealing with a large volume, you can try logmein free. At least it will give you a feel for the product.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
I could be wrong but LogMeIn still does have a 'Free' version without a timeout/end correct? I know that they greatly limited the number of machines you could access using Free versions (requiring you to go 'Pro' or get Central and so forth). If I remember correctly, they said you could have 10 free remote installations/machines on a free account. Again I could be wrong but that'd be the first place I would start - Is figuring out if LMI's free accounts will cover all that you need (as it doesn't sound worth buying a managed services/central account).