Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate

• Please log in to reply

EJSil

EJSil

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a Windows 7 basic OEM installed on my system and I am looking forward to an upgrade. Ive seen the upgrade packs but I think I'd rather but a Windows 7 Ultimate and have the 64bit version.

Since the packaging for my OEM software contained one Windows 7 DVD, I have no idea what to expect in a non-OEM package.

And first of my concerns is (based on what I've heard) Do 64bit and 32bit versions come in separate packages like in XP?

And how will I know if the package is Authentic? Ive seen a guide for Vista but none for Windows 7 so far

Edited by EJSil, 14 July 2010 - 06:49 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you buy Full version, you get both.
Otherwise it works the same as OEM. Shove the disk in and follow the on-screen instructions.