Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can you make a root kit to hide taskmgr and stop unwanted termination

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
this is somthng i was wondering about while back when i encounterd some scareware. any time you run a command line utility or taskmanager it will kill the exe process and claim the file is infected. i was wondering if it's possible to make a rootkit that will hide taskmgr.exe and all of the commandline utilities in the system32 folder from detection while still allowing them to preform their proper functions?

Edited by mikeloeven, 16 July 2010 - 09:51 PM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Since our site is here for the purposes of removing malware, rootkits, etc., do you really think we would give information as to whether it's possible to create any kind of rootkit? This topic is closed.