Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Browsers shutting down

• Please log in to reply

greenbeanviking

greenbeanviking

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have Mozilla and Internet Explorer installed on my machine. When i try to access www.widnes-vikings.com the browser attaempts to open the site, but then just closes itself down completely.

I can get into another part of the site using the link:

http://www.whatatry....afd6e99672ce299

but can't understand why I can't access it the normal way. I could access it normally until about a week ago. What's going on does anyone know? Can anyone help?

Thanks
GBV

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Looks like the problem is on the other end. It almost crashed on me using Firefox when I tried going there (froze for a while).

greenbeanviking

greenbeanviking

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I did wonder if it was them, but I can access it OK from work through the normal link. Also can access it fine from home using the 2nd link.

I wondered whether it was something on my PC not allowing me access?

Thanks for looking, if anyone does come up with anything let me know.

Cheers
GBV

greenbeanviking

greenbeanviking

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am still having problems with my Internet browser closing itself down on several websites. I have checked on various problem sites and it seems that this is happening to lots of people, but there doesn't seem to be a fix.

Could it be something to do with downloading service pack 2 for XP?