Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes and QuickTime issues.....

• Please log in to reply

Tattoofun

Tattoofun

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My old hard drive was full on my current computer. I bought a new one and a guy from work did what he called a ghost image of my old hard drive onto the new one. I had to redo a few tiny tings here and there but overall everything swooped over nicely. Now the bad thing, I couldn't open my iTunes because it gave me an error code 7 or something like that. Told me to reinstall iTunes. After about a dozen or two times trying different things I decided to say screw it and I deleted it and want to start all over. Get iTunes uninstalled no problem, but I cant reinstall it because it says I don't have quick time, but I do in reality. I tried to update my quick time but it says I have the current version. So I try to uninstall that and it says "installation source for this product is unavailable. Verify source exists and i can access it." I.E. I cant delete it.

It wont let me delete bonjour either, on that one it says "access denied, make sure disk is not full, write protected, or in use." Its not in use I can tell you that.

So someone please help me, the iPod is key to nice rides on the bike around the lake and I cant do anything but charge it right now....kind of lame. I thank you ahead of time!

Or to simplify;

when I try to install iTunes it pops up "Older version of Quick time cannot be removed. Contact my support group."

I click ok, in that window and the window that pops up right after says "Installation of quicktime did not complete successfully. iTunes needs quicktime"

When I update my quicktime separately, it says I have current version.

Edited by Tattoofun, 18 July 2010 - 05:28 PM.

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Try this and see if it solves your problem. Make sure you follow each step and uninstall things in the order specified.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 19 July 2010 - 06:26 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I just finished with a topic of the same problem HERE.
With some help from another Tech (Malware Tech) we were able to rid the system of Bonjour
Please start with post #12 and let us know if this helps rid your system of at least Bonjour.