Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting my Palm pre to my pc

• Please log in to reply

grifter

grifter

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi geekstogo folks, you have been very helpful in the past, I am hoping you can help me with my current quandry. I'm am sure it is a pc related issue. for some reason i can't connect my phone to my pc via usb. the phone is working and works via usb on other pc's. i think i have something blocking the 2 from communicating, i am fairly certain it is software. can you shed any light on this?

My phone is a palm pre, i have tried reinstalling drivers, different usb ports. My phone is recognised as a usb composite device in device manager, but does not appear as a drive in my computer and will not seem to communicate with my pc.

There is no cd or software included with the phone, and I don't beliewve I should need it. I believe the pre should have it in the phone and my pc SHOULD be able to detect it.

I HAVE managed to unlock the phone using some downloaded software that needed the phone to be connected by usb, so I believe they CAN talk, don't know why xp can't find it though.

Please Help!

Edited by grifter, 23 July 2010 - 07:15 PM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
grifter
Could you please edit the post so that it is easier to read. I cannot follow all you have posted.
May I ask you to simply describe the problem and anything you have already tried

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I have no experience of the Palm but my guess is that you need the software for the computer to see the palm as a usable device rather than just an unusable usb device.
See this
http://forums.palm.c...ized/m-p/251713

Edited by Macboatmaster, 24 July 2010 - 03:18 AM.