Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7-chrome-shockwave..Crashes

• Please log in to reply

AQUA258

AQUA258

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Hi guys, Tis me back once again.. :)

Ok problem being; Windows 7 with google chrome keep crashing/ unresponsive when im playing Mafia wars or doing other things. (Games/apps are the worst). :)

History; Had a comp and upgraded to a laptop (Toshiba L300)because of the freezes thinking maybe the old girl(comp) was passed its use by date. Upgraded from Vista (no disc) to Windows 7(64)(disc). To get more speed i use google chrome which comes installed with shockwave plug-ins.

I am still having the same problem as with the comp. :)

I use to use Avast but thought best to change to Microsoft Security Essentials. Just in case that was the problem. Ive tried changing browsers, still same problem. Constant crashes. I even Stopped IE8 because it comes with SP3 and they use to give me hassles before.

Still crashing. :)

I've checked for most driver updates and its telling me they are all up to date.

I use Malwarebytes and Ccleaner.

I'm at a loss as to what is causing the probs, I've googled and it looks like a lot of peeps are having the same dramas but NO Solution to the said prob. :)

I'm not mega computer savvy so please give step for step instructions if i need to change stuff..TY

PS; I spent 3 mths going off at my ISP thinking it was my speed, changed modem/chords then comp to laptop.

HELP!! I'm kinda over it. :)

UPDATE; Whole new prob. Got so cheeeeeezed as to what was happening i decided to clean all and start from scratch....but...then it didnt do a clean install. There is still bits of other stuff on the system and there is NOTHING in the control panel. Says there are no programs on this laptop...lmao...OOPS....Have tried to look for them but cant seem to find them....

HELP... :)

UPDATE 2;
Searched around in here and found instrutions to do a "restore to factory settings" Did this and it bought up Vista again...but...things werent working right (with chrome)..lol..Last night another major freeze so away i went and reinstalled windows 7(32 this time). (Trying to get a fresh/clean install)No Chrome this time...Still saying(control panel) that there is nothing on my laptop...Went into FB and again a freeze. This time it was doing some funky stuff , like jumping from the page i was on to my screensaver...lol..

I'm thinking its been takin over by things that go bump in the night....lol.. :)

This morn we have constant freezes but i did notice something diff. The fan(i think)comes on and we go into freeze mode????? :)

UPDATE; Still no Chrome but still freezes. IE becomes non responsive, even if i wait nothing happens. Have to leave the page (How? I click on the cross, right corner and it does it when it feels like it...LMAO
You know this is driving me insane...Right?
PS; Did a driver update of all the stuff in Device manager.
When it freezes i try to do a performance/maintenance check; says it has a prob but doesnt know what it is...Hmmmm

UPDATE; New prob has come up....Went off line for a few hours came back on to No wallpaper/screensaver just a blank screen and telling me that it NOW is not a genuine copy of Windows...lol...This gets better by the day...I tried going to system properties to change/type in my code. Still saying the same thing. Says its not genuine because i have some updates turned off??????
Of course i do "All the languages and stuff like softlight etc" Basically things that i dont want or need.
UPDATE; After many attempts to sort out the issue with windows not being genuine...lol..I did it...I found a little app/program that did it for me called "RemoveWAT 2.2.5". Easy peezy, you just d/load it, open it (need RAR) and click on WAT...It took all of 2 seconds, and that part is back to norm. Whos a happy girl then..lol
Fan thingy still freezing up pages.

Edited by AQUA258, 27 July 2010 - 09:38 AM.

Advertisements