Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Help, Ideas, Anything

• Please log in to reply

Croww3313

Croww3313

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Whenever I restart my computer I sign into windows and my home screen pops up and everything seems to be working as usual. Then all of a sudden BSOD pops out of no where and restarts my computer. If I just let restart and I sign in again BSOD will come back again. Now when BSOD occurs I just wait for it to start rebooting and then I switch the plug of my tower with the other plug in the wall. No more blue screen, until I restart again and the once again it appears. Any ideas on what is causing this? I have all my drivers updated. No viruses or anything. Registry, I think, is fine. I really could use some help here haha.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Whenever I restart my computer I sign into windows and my home screen pops up and everything seems to be working as usual.

For how long?

Sadly, we are left without even a clue as to what version of Windows - assuming it is not Linux or MacOS - and we know nothing of your hardware, whether it is home built, or store built, the computer or motherboard brand and model, PC or notebook, how long this has been going on, or anything. :) Note the BSOD is an error screen. What does the error say?

Most BSODs are caused by hardware problems - either failing hardware or corrupt drivers. This may be due to heat, failing RAM, failing graphics card, failing motherboard, or maybe a failing or stressed PSU.

I recommend starting by turning off automatic restart by following the instructions here: http://www.microsoft...el_02may13.mspx

Then we can see the error code, and message and maybe go from there.