Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to embed sound in Powerpoint, help needed.

• Please log in to reply

MindPulse

MindPulse

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, I have just made a very large Powerpoint presentation using Powerpoint 2002. It consists of over 60 slides, and has several mp3s playing throughout. I would like to post this presentation on my website, however, it appears that no matter what I do, the files simply will not embed in the presentation. I went to options, and I set it so that only files above 50mb will be linked. None of my songs are 50mb, yet none of them embed. Does anyone have a solution?

I really want to get this presentation onto my website with sound, I would really appreciate help here.

Edited by MindPulse, 23 May 2005 - 07:58 PM.

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Have you uploaded the external files (songs) needed to be played?"

MindPulse

MindPulse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Have you uploaded the external files (songs) needed to be played?"

View Post

No, I haven't uploaded anything yet. I just want to upload a single ppt file, nothing else. I know its possible, I just have no idea how to do it.

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hm.. You could write to whichever website you are using e.g .com .org or as i use, .tk, Say you have this problem and they may know.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are they WAV Files

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;285521

Redwontdo

Redwontdo

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Okay, I have just made a very large Powerpoint presentation using Powerpoint 2002. It consists of over 60 slides, and has several mp3s playing throughout. I would like to post this presentation on my website, however, it appears that no matter what I do, the files simply will not embed in the presentation. I went to options, and I set it so that only files above 50mb will be linked. None of my songs are 50mb, yet none of them embed. Does anyone have a solution?

I really want to get this presentation onto my website with sound, I would really appreciate help here.

View Post

Normally your sound and video files must be in the same folder as your ppt presentation when you move it from your computer. i.e. It will play fine on your computer and then you put it on a CD or flash drive and it doesn't play on another computer. Most people don't realize that the big files must go along because ppt calls the path to these files rather than actually embed them. (Even though it uses the word embed). I would imagine that posting a ppt presentation to the web is the same. Your sound files will need to be in the same directory as your presentation.

Have you used the "save as web page" function in ppt? It will put all of the files and things you need into one folder for you and then you just have to hoist it up.