Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't connect to any gaming servers :(

• Please log in to reply

drawkcab

drawkcab

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everybody,

I've had this problem for a while. Every MMO I've tried always gives me the message "Can't connect to server" or something like that. I used to be able to play about a year back, but then suddenly, everything stopped working. I've tried multiple games, nothing works. Every couple of months, it would connect for a day or two, but just stops working again after. :/

Any ideas? I'd appreciate any help. Searching other help sites have helped none.

PS: I use Windows XP and avast antivirus.
I've turned windows firewall off and it still doesn't work. I had this problem before installing avast, but uninstalling/turning firewall off still doesn't help.
Everything else works great, I can surf the internet just fine. The one other problem is that I can't connect to IRC either when the MMO's don't work.

Edited by drawkcab, 24 July 2010 - 08:52 PM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello drawcab,

This sounds like a port issue to me.

• What ISP do you have?
  • What router and/or modem do you have? I would like to know the make and model.

Regards,
Olrik

drawkcab

drawkcab

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello drawcab,

This sounds like a port issue to me.

• What ISP do you have?
  • What router and/or modem do you have? I would like to know the make and model.

Regards,
Olrik

I use Verizon and have a Westell Versalink router. Its in another room so I can't get much more specific :/