Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Ports do not detect anything thats plugged in

• Please log in to reply

Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I just updated my pc to windows 7 ultimate 32bit and I've gotten a major error. My PC will not detect anything plugged into the usb ports, and it also disabled my built in SD card readers

I tried everything I found on the net but nothing works, I need help

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

I just updated my pc to windows 7 ultimate 32bit and I've gotten a major error. My PC will not detect anything plugged into the usb ports, and it also disabled my built in SD card readers

I tried everything I found on the net but nothing works, I need help

Hi Lucky Dearly,

Have you checked to see if the USB Controller is working properly in the Device Manager. The drivers may not have installed correctly during the upgrade and you may have to reinstall them. Also check to see if the driver needs to be updated. If this doesn't help, list any error codes you may be getting.

I seen this happen before and a complete "clean reinstall" was the final solution.

Keep us informed.

Donna

Edited by DonnaB, 26 July 2010 - 06:48 AM.