Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

connection prob

• Please log in to reply

beerfist

beerfist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i recently installed a network card in a guys pc running xp (sp3 everything updated) it connects to the internet fine here, but he cant connect @ home. internet connection is set to automatic in the lan settings, i dont have acsess to his modem or detailed system info, he said the cable guy got on using his own laptop, but his pc cant connect. im not much of a networking guy, but i know if itll connect here, its not a hardware prob. he was using his onboard ethernet, but lightning got it, so i put in a gigabit ethernet card. hes brought it over twice, and each time, it connects fine, but he cant connect @ home. he doesnt have a router, just straight from the modem. i use a router here, is there something he needs to change in his modem settings? i also disabled his onboard (the one that didnt work)
i know you cant do alot without specifics but any general ideas would be helpfull

Advertisements