Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Button Fading In/Out - Partial Power

• Please log in to reply

retrac1324

retrac1324

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I was recently using my Gateway desktop and the power in the whole house went out for about 10 seconds. I left the PC off for about 10 mins but when I turned it on, the light on the power button fades in and out constantly like it's hibernating or something. But it still boots up and loads Windows 7 fine. Except all USB peripherals and PCI wireless card have no power. Same thing happens in safe mode. But they do work outside of the OS (like I can use the keyboard to enter the bios but once Windows loads, the keyboard turns off).

Advertisements

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I believe you are getting help on another forum?

retrac1324

retrac1324

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

I believe you are getting help on another forum?

The suggestions that other people gave me haven't helped resolve the problem yet.

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hopefully the power surge didn't fry something on your mb...

Wish I could offer more suggestion... :)

retrac1324

retrac1324

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Hopefully the power surge didn't fry something on your mb...

Wish I could offer more suggestion... :)

I don't think it's a hardware problem. All devices work fine in other operating systems including a separate Windows 7 partition.