Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failed to Query TCP/IP Settings

• Please log in to reply

Frettin

Frettin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Greetings. Hope someone has an idea. I have tried a few ideas by searching here but nothing yet. Im not the most tech saavy person in the world these days either. I recently had to reinstall XP Pro on my desktop. Pre Service Pack 2. Went to access the internet and got this error. When pulling up CMD - ipconfig /all is completely blank. I am only getting 1394 connection which shows enabled and connected. Using DSL. My laptop works fine through the wireless router, just no dice on the desktop. No red or yellow under the network connections in device manager. I even tried renaming tcpip.sys and it only created a new file instead of repairing. I am pretty clueless as to how to fix now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
What is the make and model of your desktop? I'm assuming that you're also using wireless on your desktop? What is the make and model of the Wireless card?

Power down the PC, unplug it from the wall completely and leave it for about 5 minutes. Then power it back on.

Are you sure you have the correct drivers installed?

In the device manager try disabling and re-enabling the network card.

Frettin

Frettin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What is the make and model of your desktop? I'm assuming that you're also using wireless on your desktop? What is the make and model of the Wireless card?
It was a custom from CyberpowerPC several years back - but here is the specs

INTEL C2D E6550 2.4G 1333FSB RETAIL
320GB SATA II 3.0GB HARD DRIVE
2G DDR2 PC6400 MEMORY
12-IN-ONE INTERNAL CARD READER
ASUS P5N-E SLI NFORCE 650I SLI MB
AC97 ONBOARD SOUND
COOLERMASTER 500WATT POWER SUPPLY
ATI RADEON HD 3850 PCI-E 16X 256 MB

The desktop is hooked into a wireless router - which is hooked into the wall

Power down the PC, unplug it from the wall completely and leave it for about 5 minutes. Then power it back on.

I gave this a shot along with the router as well. No dice

Are you sure you have the correct drivers installed?

The driver seems fine as far as I can tell. I can will try to find an update for it.

In the device manager try disabling and re-enabling the network card.

This didn't yield results either.

You think I have some failing hardware? I had to reinstall the OS due to mup.sys. Thats when this started happening.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Try this:

• Click Start and the click Run
  • Type in cmd and press Enter
  • At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Got that from HERE

Frettin

Frettin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks so much Cold Titanium. I think I have it up and running. In the end looks like it was the driver after all. Even though the one installed seemed fine I tried a few others and got it working. I'm feeling pretty silly right now considering it was something that simple.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
YayyYy! Thanks for posting back with results.

Safe Surfing :)

~Cold