Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows7 CD burn verify

• Please log in to reply

CabezaEnFuego

CabezaEnFuego

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
At work we have a few computers running Windows7, mine being one of them. We are a small software company and periodically we each have to burn cds for customers. For those of us running Windows7 we use the built in CD burning software in Windows Explorer. What I am wanting to know is if there is an option anywhere to have Windows Explorer verify a cd after it has been burned. I'm not very familiar with Windows7 yet and I haven't been able to find any settings for this piece of the OS.

Advertisements

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I don't believe the built-in CD burner in Win7 will do that, but some alternate CD burning software might.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
basically any 3rd party software will have a verification function....of course, a really quick method would be to just pop the disk back in and see if it works

CabezaEnFuego

CabezaEnFuego

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

basically any 3rd party software will have a verification function....of course, a really quick method would be to just pop the disk back in and see if it works

Yeah, that's what we do, and it's a fairly quick install to really confirm, but from our experience if it passes the software verification then it's a good disc. I was hoping to get Windows to do that as well to speed things up.