Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound after replacement of graphics card

• Please log in to reply

JDizzler

JDizzler

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I replaced my old graphics card last month with a 'ASUS ENGT220' as advised by my collage computer technician due to my old one braking. Ever since that the sound has not worked in either the front or rear 3.5mm ports and when i open itunes the message 'itunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly.' appears. I have had no issues with playing videos online but as with everything there is no sound.

In the sounds and audio devices section of the control panel the message 'no audio device' appears even though my speakers are connected and turned on!

I dont know a huge amount about the depths of computer maintenance but im fairly handy with a computer so i will try to be as helpful as possible for you to help me with my issue

Thanks in advance

JD

Advertisements

JDizzler

JDizzler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
anyone help? please!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It sounds like you may have accidentally disconnected the audio from the motherboard when you changed the video card out.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Post a screenshot of device manager

JDizzler

JDizzler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hope that's what you want

Attached File  sound stuff.bmp   1008.49KB   200 downloads

i opened up the computer and had a quick look inside, didn't look like anything was unplugged but i don't really know much bout the insides of a computer :S

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try going into the bios and seeing if the onboard audio is enabled.

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced or Integrated Peripherals area and click Enter
Once you find the onboard devices make sure the Audio is enabled.
Then click F10 to Save and Exit
Then click Y to accept the Save and ExitSystem will now reboot with the new settings.
Let us know if it resolves the issue then.

Edited by rshaffer61, 08 August 2010 - 06:15 PM.

JDizzler

JDizzler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Try going into the bios and seeing if the onboard audio is enabled.

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced or Integrated Peripherals area and click Enter
Once you find the onboard devices make sure the Audio is enabled.
Then click F10 to Save and Exit
Then click Y to accept the Save and ExitSystem will now reboot with the new settings.
Let us know if it resolves the issue then.

YES it worked! the audio was set on 'auto' instead of 'enabled' Thank you very much!!!! :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)