Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Burner/Player Problems

• Please log in to reply

Dylan0001

Dylan0001

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ok I have recently started having a problem with my DVD player/burner on my pc. When I try to play a DVD with any compatible player i get the error message saying the region for the burner can only be changed a limited amount of times and it is set to the wrong region for the disc. However all of the DVDs i am trying to play are the same region as i have always used, and i have never changed nor do i know how to change the region for my burner????

Is there anything that i can do to fix this?

Thanks, Dylan

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Because this has to do with copyright protection GTG cannot answer this question. I hope you understand even tho this really does not have a lot to do with CP, it is a part of it. What has happened is you have switched DVD's that are marked with different areas enough times that your player is now locked into one area.

The world is split up into 8 DVD regions:

Region 1: U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories
Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)
Region 3: Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)
Region 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean
Region 5: Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
Region 6: China
Region 7: Reserved
Region 8: Special international venues (airplanes, cruise ships, etc.)

SRX660