Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Printer going nutso!

• Please log in to reply

dodgewoman80

dodgewoman80

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So very aggravated right now. I figured I would come here as you wonderful people have helped me in the past. My HP C5180 printer will not start up. It goes into start up mode then suddenly shuts itself off again and then tries to start up again. Repeat 500 times. I have tried unplugging it for a few hours, nada. As soon as you plug it in it turns itself on and does this round robin again. Not sure what to do, please help, I really don't want to buy a new printer!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi dodgewoman80
My 1st thoughts were possibly the power adapter so I googled it &
it turns out it would be cheaper to buy a whole new printer than
to just buy the adapter, anyways I came across this link I hope it
is of help to you http://h10025.www1.h...product=1153481

Edited by phillpower2, 31 July 2010 - 10:02 AM.

dodgewoman80

dodgewoman80

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks, I think the power is OK as it does turn on it just shuts itself off when she should start up and then goes to start up again. Very frustrating. I did price out printers quickly today and I can get a cheaper on to suite my needs but I love this one!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Did you try any of the tests in the attached link?

dodgewoman80

dodgewoman80

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes I did. All the lights are on. The power module light is on as well as the printer light. Everything turns on. It's getting it to actually load up that's the issue. The next step that they say is to service it which I assume would be more than a new printer most likely.