As you may have noticed a little game called Starcraft II was just released and there are some people getting a number of issues regarding installation. I am one of those poor souls. You might have heard\seen that some people, while installing, get to a certain percentage (in my case 29% - 31%) and then there is a fatal error and the installer crashes, giving a message similar to the one below:
"The file "C:\StarCraft II\Campaigns\Liberty.SC2Campaign\base.SC2Assets : Assets\Textures\briefing_video_thanson02_00_low.ogv" could not be written. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQTarget::Write/SFileWriteFile)"
I have tried doing several methods recommended on t'internet forums to circumvent this:
1. allowing hidden files and folders to be seen, then copying the contents of the DVD to my hard drive then installing from that.
2. Running the installer as an administrator (I ONLY have an admin profile because my computer is not in a public library...)
3. Clearing out C:/Documents and Settings/YourName/Local Settings/Temp
4. Disabling my antivirus software
5. cleaning the regsitry with CCleaner
The terrible insult is that the game installs perfectly on my wife's macbook, but alas her macbook is not gifted with teh graphics, meaning I can just about look at the pretty menus.
Might I add that I currently can't boot into safe mode and I am aware that installing in safe mode might be another option. Also some have said that resetting the BIOS could help but no way am I trying that.
Can you guys think of anything? Could there be clashes between programs? Codecs? Maybe a certain piece of software needs to be upgraded (I have latest directx, flash, java, sound drivers etc.)? I have an ATI graphics card if that means anything?
Any and all help will be very much appreciated