Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Button controls on Dell E153EP Monitor

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
Can someone please tell me what those buttons (to the left of the ON/OFF button) can do and how I use them? Or point me to a simple explanation that I can find on-line? Thank you.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi batpark!

I can't find anything related to that monitor on even the Dell Website, besides a single post on a forum, that is completely unrelated to your issue. I suggest you contact Dell and see if they can find a user manual for that monitor that they could mail/email to you.

Edited by Fenor, 01 August 2010 - 02:55 PM.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
Thanks for your help Fenor.

I have the user guide ......

Specifications: Dell™ E153FP Flat Panel Color Monitor User's Guide
http://support.dell.....b/En/specs.htm .....

but it is too compact/terse for me to follow it. I can't figure out how I adjust (change the numerical values) of the different controls using the three buttons on the display.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
The leftmost button brings up the OSD. Then, the two button to the right of that are used to move forward and back through the various options as well as changing a value up or down.

When you don't press the leftmost OSD button first, the two buttons to the right of it are used to adjust the brightness and contrast.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Thanks for your help Fenor.

I have the user guide ......

Specifications: Dell™ E153FP Flat Panel Color Monitor User's Guide
http://support.dell.....b/En/specs.htm .....

but it is too compact/terse for me to follow it. I can't figure out how I adjust (change the numerical values) of the different controls using the three buttons on the display.

Ahh, It is E153FP. You said E153EP in the post, so that is why I could not find it. :)

**The attached file shows what the buttons do, but THIS LINK explains how it all works in more detail if you need/want it.

Attached Thumbnails

• E153FP Button Controls.jpg

Edited by Fenor, 01 August 2010 - 04:13 PM.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

The leftmost button brings up the OSD. Then, the two button to the right of that are used to move forward and back through the various options as well as changing a value up or down.

When you don't press the leftmost OSD button first, the two buttons to the right of it are used to adjust the brightness and contrast.

Sorry to be so inept but ...

1. When I press the 1st button I get a screen with Positioning, and OSD and other options. I toggle to Positioning using the - button. Now, how do I change the numerical value within Positioning?

2. If I press the middle button (without first pressing the first button) I get a screen with EXIT, BRIGHTNESS, and CONTRAST as options. I toggle to CONTRAST using the - button. Now, what do I do to change the value (from 62)?

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
Ahh, It is E153FP. You said E153EP in the post, so that is why I could not find it. :)

**The attached file shows what the buttons do, but THIS LINK explains how it all works in more detail if you need/want it.
[/quote]

Fenor: That Link seems to have the detailed explanation I am looking for. Thanks. I will study it.