Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exe files don't open

• Please log in to reply

snooplove

snooplove

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Well first of all i had some .dll problems and decided to do a format to the driver which had only windows xp sp3.Well while installing windows xp at 13 mins left i got an error about system32/grpconv.exe i clicked ok and continued.When log in my pc everything are fine except that i can't open any exe files i have searched in internet and here some topics but none of them problems where same as mine.I tried some things but nothing worked so i decided to start a new topic.Any help would be appreciated.For any further info you need from me tell me.....

Advertisements

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Anyone????

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Format and installation must run without any errors of any kind. When you formatted the disk did you run quick or full format? Try formatting (full) and reinstallation again. If not successful we will have to look to hardware problems (Installation CD, CD drive, RAM, HD, overheating CPU etc.)

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
i have already done format but allways the same.I don't think that hardware is the problem but i will do format again and let you know..

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I tried to do format twice but it shows me that hard drive is damaged and can't format.I disconected and connected the hard drive but still the same.But in the startup it shows me that the drive exists and in my pc too.When i press f8 for format doesn't showed to me.That happened after few tries of doing the quick which didn't do anything.i don't think that is damaged.What's your opinion?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
The hard disk must be tested. Find out the make of the disk and download the appropriate test utility from thislist. Create a bootable CD, boot with the CD and run a complete test.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I will try but i don't know the make of my hard drive is there a way to learn it?

Edited by snooplove, 02 August 2010 - 11:48 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You can take it out of the box and look.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
ok tomorrow i will have learned if my hard drive has problem