Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicken Deluxe 98 on Machine with XP but designed for Vista

• Please log in to reply

barney466

barney466

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Wasn't sure where this post should go but with explanation below, Feel free to harass me to move it.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P305D-S8834. It came with Vista. I couldn't stand it. I downgraded to XP Pro and was very happy. All my other programs installed and worked fine for the past year. I finally decided to move my quicken program to laptop. It won't install. It doesn't even want to extract the files. I expanded the files so I could just run "Setup". That didn't work either.

I took the jump drive with the compressed files and successfully started to install on a laptop with XP home. I also have the program on two other XP home computers and it works fine.

This is the only computer that has XP Pro.

One error I get is NTVD.EXE 16 bit. If I look at task manager WOWEXEC.COM and MOM.EXE are running. They are not running on my XP Home machines when I run Quicken. Not sure if the "SETUP.EXE" file is a 16 bit file or not.

I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials as my virus protection/checker.

Any idea's on what may be the problem or how I can install? Quicken 98 does all that I need and I'm comfortable with it.

Thanks

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Quicken Deluxe 98 is a very old program. The newest is Quicken Deluxe 2010.
Quicken Deluxe 98 is meant for windows 95 and 3.x Quicken Support
I am surprised it is running on XP home.

XP pro is a different OS. It has far more features than XP home.

You might want to try installing it in compatibility mode.
How to Use compatibility mode