Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 on Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply

jarek2003

jarek2003

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all,

quick question. I have a windows 7 on Flash drive. It's bootable and works well on PC, but now I need same thing on IMAC (yes, yes that's no Joke:) ). Well I need to convert this Flash drive copy to bootable DVD. How can I do this?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, why is it on a flash drive? Do you mean Windows is installed on a flash drive or you installed Windows7 FROM the flash drive?

jarek2003

jarek2003

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Um, why is it on a flash drive? Do you mean Windows is installed on a flash drive or you installed Windows7 FROM the flash drive?

The whole windows is on the flash drive and its bootable. Now I need to convert it back to DVD drive.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
As I thought. Unfortunately you can't just dump a working installation onto a flash drive and then take it to another computer. Even if you could, it would just blue-screen on the second machine.

jarek2003

jarek2003

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry... The Flash copy is a bootable installation. I found a solution here is what its need to be done:

1 Install ImgBurn is free
2 Plug the bootable stick into the computer
3 Start ImgBurn
4 Now click on the "Create image file from files / folders"
5 Now in the "Sources" browse to your USB stick
6 in the "Destination" choose where to save the final ISO image
7 Now go right in the "Advanced" tab and then "Bootable Disk"
8 Check the box "Make Bootable Image" and then, in the "Boot image" box browse to file "etfsboot.com" that is in your bootable stick found in the folder "boot"
9 In the field "Developer ID" put "Microsoft Corporation" and enter "07C0" in the "Load Segment" field
10 Enter '4' in the 'Sectors To Load' field if your etfsboot.com file is 2K is size, enter '8' if it's 4K. (Basically it's the size of the file in bytes divided by 512 - i.e. 2048 / 512 = 4)

Note: Vista's is normally 2KB and Windows 7's is 4KB... so enter '4' if you're building a Vista OS installation disc and '8' if you're building a Windows 7 OS installation disc.

Text; courtesy of some website (sorry I did not catch with one)

Thank you for trying to help