Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2010 (Student and Home version)

• Please log in to reply

Casey76

Casey76

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Just a quick question, and i hope it has a quick answer!

If I buy the English language version of Office 2010, and install it onto a French language version of Vista (family version), will my Office run in English?

At the moment my desktop only has the standard Microsoft Works, and I'm needing much more functionality now. Although my French isn't bad, for technical purposes I would prefer to have my Office in English.

The reason I'm asking, is that Vista does some strange things with some multiple language games - in that it defaults to French and I can't revert to English!

TIA :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you buy English software, it will (or should) install and run in English regardless of the rest of the operating system.