Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox slow start up

• Please log in to reply

Poblo

Poblo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am someone with decent compute skill so if you told me to do something I could probably do it, but the fact of the matter is that when I double click on my desktop icon for Mozilla it takes 5-20 seconds for any thing to pop up and then an additional 10 just to load Google, my internet connection is pretty speedy so I know that's not the problem, so can any body help?

Advertisements

JonM33

JonM33

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What are your specs? Has this always been like this? Do other applications take a long time too or just Firefox?

Mychael

Mychael

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I think there is an add-on you can get for FF that helps with a fast load. You'd need to search add-ons to find it. I tried something like it once but found it made FF unstable but you might have better luck.
The other thing you could try is "pale moon browser" looks almost identicle to the full FF but supposedly optimsed for windows. I tried it and it was a little faster but not exceptionally so.