Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AntiMalware Doctor

• Please log in to reply

flavflav35

flavflav35

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,

My first post, and glad to join up, as I have read some great advice on this forum before.

I am another one of those unlucky ba****ds that has got infected with Antimalware Doctor. I have been successful in the past with other viruses/malware etc, but this one I really cannot shift, and its driving me nuts!!

I ran Malwarebytes countless times in safe mode, turned off 'system restore', and it does find infections and deletes them, but when I reboot I get that pop-up window 'Warning, Your system is infected blah blah blah', and there is still stuff there.

On top of that it seems my browsers have been knocked out?!? If I fire up Firefox,Safari etc..it sends me to my XXAMP (I use this as i design websites on my localhost, before uploading to a live server) welcome screen.

I can access internet to a point as skype, msn, and outlook will retrieve email?? But browsers are a no-no!!

I saw a part-solution posted on here, but would really like an expert to run me through it, as I have stacks of client work I really do not want to lose.

Many, many thanks for your time.

Edited by flavflav35, 06 August 2010 - 05:54 AM.

Advertisements

flavflav35

flavflav35

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Apologies. Here is the log from MBAM.....

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.45
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 3934

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512

05/08/2010 19:35:17
mbam-log-2010-08-05 (19-35-17).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 380936
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 47 minute(s), 19 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antimalware Doctor (Rogue.AntimalwareDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Antimalware Doctor Inc (Rogue.AntimalwareDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

flavflav35

flavflav35

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated.

flavflav35

flavflav35

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well thanks for nothing guys, have had to reformat machine!! A full day with not one word of advice!! Sorry for being a 1 post user!! Goodnight.