Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

optical input

• Please log in to reply

lamuskrat

lamuskrat

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have a sound blaster SC with the Creative Audigy 2 zs I/O front panel interface. I have a Samsung LCD monitor / tv. I have good sound coming from my Creative 5.1 while in pc mode, but only tv speakers when on tv. Was told to install optical cable. Have done so....no joy. Same as before. Cable from optical out on set to optical in on interface was all I did. Is there a program or controls I need to get sound from tv to play through Sound blaster card and to speakers?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Have you seen this http://support.creat...e=Sound Blaster
If you havn`t just follow the "How to guides" and then take the virtual tour
it takes you through the control panel and setting up the speakers, the screen
you are looking for has a row of icons along the bottom with question marks on
them, just click on each one for an explanation of what it does.

lamuskrat

lamuskrat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Thanks let me investigate that site and info...

lamuskrat

lamuskrat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Thanks let me investigate that site and info...

Nothing helps there good info but no real explanation for optical input that I saw.

Edited by lamuskrat, 08 August 2010 - 06:34 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
So the control panel options didn`t help either, I found this written guide which will hopefully be more use;
1 Make sure your TV or satelite box has 2 RCA's female plugs labeled (Output) to deliver the sound to another device *(from your Satelite or TV to the now dead 5.1 surround sound) 2. Your computer must be on at ALL times to transmit (or play) the sound from your TV or satelite box. 3 you need a Y RCA to 3.5mm plug jack cable (they are at allMart or Bull'sEye stores for 12$. its a cable that has the 2 male RCA's 1's white 1's red at one end, the other end will have the classic headphone jack *(you can always use this cable to transmit any audio coming from any device such as MP3, CD, DVD, Laptop, TV, and many other devices to your 5.1 surround sound in the living room or the computer) 4. Plug the Y RCA in the input port in your Audigy2Zs sound card. Make sure the Mic, and AUX are on mute, and that the Line In volume is at 70% and your TV, Satelite Box audio is at 50%. If its too low volume watch out, you'll be controling about 4 volume settings *(the TV or Satelite Box, the Line-In, Master Volume on the sound card, and Speaker Volume) 5 Sit back and enjoy!