Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Problem

• Please log in to reply

mlansky

mlansky

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi,

My dad got a blue screen on his computer last night and now he's unable to key in his password since it won't let him type anything. When he tried logging into windows via Safemode and Safemode with networking, he gets the same result. He's running Windows XP and he's using Stopzilla & F-Secure (Shaw Secure). He didn't write down the 'stop error' msg when he got the blue screen last night. He ran StopZilla, it scanned and found 14 infections which were quarantined. He deleted all these infections that were in the quarantine. He noticed that the homepage box in StopZilla (protect my homepage) was now unchecked and did not protect any external process to change his homepage. So when I went on there today, I was going to try running 'SmithFraudFix' to see what was going on, but since it won't let me type anything into his internet browser, I was unable to run this scan. So for the most part, he's unable to use his computer.

Also, this morning, a message from F-Secure (Shaw Secure)popped up and stated.

'F-Secure Anti-virus:
Malicious code found in computer. Infection: Gen:Trojan.Heur.tu4exEywMO. Infection: The Scanner was unable to remove the infection'

I'm not sure if that's something serious or not. This is super frustrating, has anyone ever come across something like this before.

Thank you for the time you took to read my post and thanks in advance.

Advertisements