Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 crashing

• Please log in to reply

royuix

royuix

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi,
I recently built my new computer and installed win 7 on it. Everything was working fine until now, today in less than an hour my firefox crashed about 20 times and I can't even run installations on programs without getting an error message that the program can't be executed for some reason, same for downloaded stuff. I was downloading winrar and I couldn't run the install because of an error:S. I also got BSOD I guess, blue screen with a huge error message on it only think I could remember of it was XXXX.sys missing or something. Please can anyone help me? Should I reinstall windows 7?

thanks

Advertisements

John Van Birch

John Van Birch

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,
I recently built my new computer and installed win 7 on it. Everything was working fine until now, today in less than an hour my firefox crashed about 20 times and I can't even run installations on programs without getting an error message that the program can't be executed for some reason, same for downloaded stuff. I was downloading winrar and I couldn't run the install because of an error:S. I also got BSOD I guess, blue screen with a huge error message on it only think I could remember of it was XXXX.sys missing or something. Please can anyone help me? Should I reinstall windows 7?

thanks

It depends what error message you have. Maybe there is some broken drivers(most probably there is some). If you have recently installed Windows then I suggest to try everything form zero.
You can reinstall drivers but without knowing error messages don't know which is dead

royuix

royuix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thanks for the help guys, I did a system restore and it seems that firefox was corrupted or something so I deleted and reinstalled.