Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New laptop

• Please log in to reply

Ingwaz

Ingwaz

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Greetings my fellow geeks, its been quite a while

I have returned seeking your advice oh wise ones. I am a college student and I have been thinking that it may be time to get a laptop in order to obviously take it with me during classes and have a little something to do on my down time.

I am not looking for a powerhouse, merely something that is reliable and can preferably load videos without much delay and play very basic games on occassion.

After doing some searching on newegg I found this particular one http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834107043

15.6" monitor, 2gb HDD, 128MB integrated graphics, 2.1ghz AMD CPU and windows 7 all for only $350

Some of the reviews are not the best but otherwise they're either okay or good.

So, what are your thoughts? I would mainly need this for the occasional paper writing session and research and for watching some videos during my downtime. If you can think of a computer that sounds like a better deal than this one, preferably with in a $300-400 price range I would love to see it. If not, please let me know what you think on whether or not this is a good buy or not.

Thanks as always,

Ingwaz

Advertisements

Ingwaz

Ingwaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
whoops, my apologies, I posted this question late at night and I believe I put it in the wrong section. It appears my thoughts were not necessarily coherent due to sleep deprivation. If a moderator wishes to move this please do so, or I shall simply repost it and this one can be closed down.