Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't connect to wireless network - "limited or no connectivit

• Please log in to reply

chelsi_ames

chelsi_ames

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys!
Really really in need of some expert help, a friend directed me to this site. :)
I recently got my Medion laptop and can't seem to get it to commect to my wireless network - which my old Medion laptop and my desktop computer do fine.
It's saying the Network is my BT home hub and that makes sense, and that there is a strong signal and all the rest of it but that there is limited or no connectivity, I've tried repairing it but it came up with an error message of "cannot renew IP address".

:) :) totally clueless at all of this, please help! Any replies would be much appreciated, thankyou!! :)

Advertisements

Chris_027

Chris_027

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hi chelsi_ames, my name is shehing welcome to geekstogo. :) I'd be glad to help you out with your problem but first I need to ask you a couple of questions that will help me help you.
  • What operating system and service pack are you using?
  • Is there any encryption enabled on your wireless router?
  • Is DHCP enabled on your computer?
If you have any questions or need help answering these questions let me know and i'll give you instructions on where to find these settings.