Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

trig

trig

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Tonight while using the PC i get a quick blue screen and then reboot. I downloaded Bluescreenview and from what I can tell it is related to one of the drives. Here is the log from Bluescreenview.
==================================================
Dump File : Mini081410-01.dmp
Crash Time : 8/14/2010 8:17:10 PM
Bug Check String : KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Bug Check Code : 0x0000007a
Parameter 1 : 0xc05bf8c0
Parameter 2 : 0xc000000e
Parameter 3 : 0xb7f1850c
Parameter 4 : 0x6245c860
Caused By Driver : atapi.sys
Caused By Address : atapi.sys+d50c
File Description : IDE/ATAPI Port Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini081410-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600
==================================================

Maybe someone can help me on this. I run the seagate short test and it came back ok. Any ideas?

Edited by trig, 14 August 2010 - 09:23 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

atapi. sys error says you may have a problem reading from a CD to the hard drive. Did your error in event viewer look like this?

http://www.tomshardw...ent-error-atapi

When you are in event viewer you can double click on a error and it will open up a small window with the error message. On that window, on the right side, near the top, is a "2 little pages with folded corners" icon. Clicking on that icon puts the error message in the clipboard. You can open notepad up and "edit/paste" every message you have( if they are different)that is marked with a red error. Then attach the notepad file as an attachment, or even just copy and paste, here.

SRX660

trig

trig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I did not see anything in event manager that referred to this. I am wondering if it was heat related. The chipset runs hot. It has a heatsink on it but no fan. Here is a error that showed about the same time the blue screen appeared but I looked and there were more about this on different dates

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7023
Date: 8/14/2010
Time: 8:17:35 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TOM
Description:
The HID Input Service service terminated with the following error:
The specified module could not be found.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....ink/events.asp.
I see many of the same on different dates. This is under system
I also run the long test from seagate and found no errors on HD. It is strange that I got this blue screen and then the computer rebooted. Like I mentioned, it very well could be temperture.

Here is my system

Mainboard : Gigabyte 965P-DS3
Chipset : Intel P965
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 1800 MHz
Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
Hard Disk : Maxtor (300 GB)
Hard Disk : ST31000528AS (1000 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S
Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 23 inches
Network Card : MV88SE614x PCIe to SATA2 controller Yukon 88E8053 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
DirectX : Version 9.0c

Attached Thumbnails

• system info.JPG

Edited by trig, 16 August 2010 - 07:17 PM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
If it happened once, I wouldn't worry much about it.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
HID Input Service

# Service Name:

HidServ

# Service Description:

Enables generic input access to Human Interface Devices (HID), which activates and maintains the use of predefined hot buttons on keyboards, remote controls, and other multimedia devices. If this service is stopped, hot buttons controlled by this service will no longer function. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

# Default Settings:

Default setting in Windows XP Professional
: Disabled
Default setting in Windows XP Home: Disabled

Typically this service will be used by devices like scanners with function buttons and those "interactive" keyboard with volume controls etc. By default this service is Disabled, however on installing a HID Device it should be reset to Automatic (Started), if NOT (e.g. your HID device will not work properly) then go ahead and change it.

While it may not be a problem your video card is running at 66 degrees C(150 degrees F). This temp could be the cause of the bluescreen, although it is not uncommon for older video cards to run around this temp.

SRX660