Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lag and random freezing.

• Please log in to reply

tarynbeth

tarynbeth

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello,

I want to thank you ahead of time for your help.

My sister is completely useless when it comes to keeping her laptop cleaned up, and now it is having major issues. I have MBAM and it has been freezing about half way through the scans. The quick scans will take 13+ hours and just freeze. I also have a trial version of Norton, and that found 1 infection but that didn't seem to help. Her computer takes about 1 or 2 minutes to start up internet explorer, and it has been freezing and shutting down programs randomly. I am unsure of what to do at this point because I have never had an issue where MBAM would not be able to finish scanning the computer. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Tarynbeth

Advertisements