Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus F50s Battery Problem

• Please log in to reply

Rahveen

Rahveen

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello guys,

I was working on my laptop today when the power suddenly went out and my laptop (which was plugged in) turned off.

This is when I realized that the battery (100% charged) does not work at all. If I unplug the power supply I cannot turn the laptop on. In the power management console everything looks normal, and indicators show that the battery is fully charged and ready to go. I tried looking around the Internet for solutions but found nothing relevant to my case so I turn to you guys for help.

Is there anything I could do to try and fix this before buying a brand new battery? The laptop is less than 1 year old.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Return the battery for a new one if it is less than a year old.
Do you by any chance run the laptop consistently with both the
battery and AC adapter connected as the symptoms you describe
are typical of this and it will probably be a question that the
supplier will ask of you.

Rahveen

Rahveen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for the advice phillpower2,

Yes I usually have the battery in and then I just plug the power supply when working from home, which is 95% of the cases. I use the battery when in airports/bars while traveling or for watching movies at home.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
For now you could try resetting the battery memory, does the battery have a reset button (Im not familiar with laptop batteries) here is a link for you to look at explaining how to reset laptop batteries, I know you will not need it for a replacement but it could be helpful in the future;
http://www.brighthub...cles/50844.aspx