Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen

• Please log in to reply

petunia101

petunia101

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hi can anyone help me my pc is hp with windows xp it shut down yesterday on its own. i keep getting a blue screen saying it has shut down and on screen says 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000) i can't even get my PC to go into safe mode i have tried to get it into safe mode can anybody help me as im not clued up on computers plz help me

Advertisements

Pcs365

Pcs365

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi, did this issue start after you downloaded windows updates?

If you can please go to BIOS page and set the boot priority to boot from cd. and then follow the steps below.

Recovery Console

to repair a damaged system (like to fix boot problems).

Insert your Windows 2000 / XP installation CD-ROM and boot from CD-ROM :
When you use the Windows Recovery Console, you can obtain limited access to NTFS, FAT, and FAT32 volumes without starting the Windows graphical interface. In the Windows Recovery Console you can: Use, copy, rename or replace operating system files and folders, Enable or disable services or devices from starting when you next start your computer, Repair the file system boot sector or the Master Boot Record (MBR), Create and format partitions on drives.

From the Setup CD-ROM

Insert the Setup compact disc (CD) and restart the computer. If prompted, select any options required to boot from the CD.
When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts; choose the repair or recover option by pressing R. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access from the Recovery Console. When prompted, type the Administrator password. At the system prompt, type Recovery Console commands; type help for a list of commands, or help commandname for help on a specific command.

Select the Windows XP installation in question.
Note You must select a number before you press ENTER, or the computer will
restart. Typically, only the 1: C:\Windows selection is available.

If you are prompted to type an administrator password, do so. If you do
not know the administrator password, press ENTER. (Typically, the password
is blank.)
Note: You will not be able to continue if you do not have the administrator
password.

At the command prompt, type cd $ntuninstallKB number of patch$\spuninst,
and then press ENTER.
Note After you complete this step, you cannot stop the removal process.

At the command prompt, type batch spuninst.txt, and then press ENTER.

After the Patch is removed, type exit, and then press ENTER to Uninstall
the Next.

Regards,
Yateesh Varma.
Bangalore