Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot connect wireless

• Please log in to reply

pumpkinslion

pumpkinslion

• Pip
  • 3 posts
taskbar wireless icon is powered on[blinking as connected,i click on connect to and go to internet explorer i get error webpage cannot be displayed,please help solve this issue,what is going on and how to correct it. taskbar statis says; authecating,encryption type is afs key absent,type connection is infrastructure,,speed is 11, gateway ip address is not available,clien ip address is 0.0.0.0, unsure what all this means and how or what to do to correct issue,please help with detailed subjections [how to's, laptop was given to me and i am new at this; dell wireless wlan 1350. packets sent is 6442,packets received 0. by the way i am presently using another computer cause i cannot seem too connect on my laptop.also is there some way to setup a different one and if so please explain what all i need to do,such as channels,etc,new at this;wireless network connection keeps acquiring network addresss then goes back to not connected/firewalled and i am clueless how to solve this

Advertisements

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

taskbar wireless icon is powered on[blinking as connected,i click on connect to and go to internet explorer i get error webpage cannot be displayed,please help solve this issue,what is going on and how to correct it. taskbar statis says; authecating,encryption type is afs key absent,type connection is infrastructure,,speed is 11, gateway ip address is not available,clien ip address is 0.0.0.0, unsure what all this means and how or what to do to correct issue,please help with detailed subjections [how to's, laptop was given to me and i am new at this; dell wireless wlan 1350. packets sent is 6442,packets received 0. by the way i am presently using another computer cause i cannot seem too connect on my laptop.also is there some way to setup a different one and if so please explain what all i need to do,such as channels,etc,new at this;wireless network connection keeps acquiring network addresss then goes back to not connected/firewalled and i am clueless how to solve this

Hi pumpkinslion,

Not sure how your computers are set up at the minute and that is the important bit in solving your problem. If you could reply with what your current configuration is that would help. However, from the info you have supplied it would appear that the only reason you cannot access the internet is because your laptop has no default gateway. In short a default gateway will be required to access the internet. I will be glad to assist but I will need to know how your network is arranged at the minute. For instance how is your computer that can access the internet connected ?? I'm assuming you have some kind of wireless router which will be necessary for your laptop (if not you will need one) if so the settings may need adjusting but once I have the info I need I will talk you through step by step.