Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing, Crashing, No right click

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Learner8888

Learner8888

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!
First post here, I'm amazed computer is still this functional.
I'm using a W7 computer, and i'm facing many problems.
I've got some weird bugs. I can not right click while I am in a "my computer" folder, that is any folder inside the computer folders tab
because then it will freeze. Task manager is unable to shut this program down, and sometimes even crashes my explorer
which i have to manually start up again with a new process. I checked some other threads, and its not the fault of a context menu. * i think*
I am unable to do a malwarebytes scan as that freezes malwarebytes, and then I'm back to square one. *unable to end process, unable to restart because it gets stuck on the logging off screen* Also, the computer is unable to auto refresh, meaning, when i delete something, add a new folder, etc, the page I am on *folders pages* will not automatically refresh and appear as if nothing happened. I have to manually press f5.
I've done a GMER scan, but i get the error, windows can not find the specified file, and I'm limited to only being able to select services, registry, files, /C drive, and ADS. UNABLE to do a OTL scan, Freezes everytime I tried, 12 times and counting. UGH!!! should i just go for a full reset? everything's legit so i probably dont have to worry about anything lost, I've already backed up my whole hard drive and removed all executables incase those were infected. No idea what it is, can't access anything that'll tell me anything. Dont really know what to do. I can't locate the GMER scan file results in the place where I put them... THis is probably a problem that's unfixable :)

Advertisements

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hello Learner8888 and welcome to G2G!

My nick is maliprog and I'll will be your technical support on this issue. Before we start cleaning your PC you must print or save to Desktop (in .txt file) this instructions so you can access it in Safe Mode with no internet connection.

NOTE:
  • Be advised that I am still in training, so there may be a delay between replies. Each reply must be approved by a resident expert before I will be allowed to post them to you.
  • Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
  • Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
  • Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
  • Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described. I would recommend printing them out, if you can, as you can check off each step as you complete it. If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
  • Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you.

Step 1

Please download OTH to your desktop
Please download OTL to your Desktop
Please download the attached Scan.txt to your desktop (located at the end of this post)

Double click the OTH file and select Kill All Processes, your desktop will go blank

Posted Image

Then select Start OTL
OTL will now run

• double-click on the Custom Scans box and a message box will popup asking if you want to load a custom scan from a file
    Select Scan.txt that you downloaded
  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Copy and paste them to me.

Attached File  Scan.txt   996bytes   63 downloads

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.