Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla Firefox

• Please log in to reply

stern

stern

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi

I would like to uninstall Mozilla Firefox and reinstall but having difficulty with uninstalling to start with.
When I go to uninstall a program and click on it, there is no response. In the uninstall list the version showing is 3.6.3 and in firefox version shown is 3.6.8
Can that be a problem??
Any ideas as to what may be causing prog from being uninstalled ?
Tks

P.s. any further info reqd can be forwarded

Advertisements

Mychael

Mychael

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Is FF working at the moment or are you wanting to uninstall it because it's not working? Whenever I've gone to a later version of FF (assuming the version I already had was working) I just download and installed the newer version and FF takes care of itself.

Edited by Mychael, 21 August 2010 - 04:57 PM.

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Is FF working at the moment or are you wanting to uninstall it because it's not working? Whenever I've gone to a later version of FF (assuming the version I already had was working) I just download and installed the newer version and FF takes care of itself.

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Hi

Removed the data for initiating version 3.6.3 from PC. Downloaded/installed v. 3.6.8 once again and found that version now showing in add/remove showing is correct version.
Hence taking no further action

Tks