Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fios Router wont "see" desktop computer

• Please log in to reply

bucdup

bucdup

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I had Verizon Fios installed in my home several months ago. Here is the issue I am having. My desktop computer is connected to a Vonage router via ethernet. The Vonage router is connected to my Fios router. (Vonage router is "between" my desktop and the Fios router) The Fios tech set up the router and everything does work, and all items can access the internet. The only issue is that my Apple TV will not connect, sync, or even be recognized by iTunes on my desktop. I suspect that part of the issue is that my desktop connects thru the vonage router to the Fios router and somehow the two are not communicating. So I figure simple enough, I will eliminate that connection and connect my desktop directly to the Fios router to see if that helps my problem. When I connect my desktop directly to the Fios router I get no connection to the internet. In fact my desktop shows "ethernet cable unplugged". I have tried every port on the Fios router, and the indicator lights on the ethernet port do not light up or blink at all. The Fios router does not "see" the desktop at all. I have tried eliminating the Vonage router, with no luck, I have also tried shutting down all devices, wiring everything properly and rebooting with no luck. I can simply just reconnect my desktop thru the Vonage router again and everything works however, the desktop does not show up as a connected device on my Fios setup page, only the Vonage router.

Also connected to the Fios router is a Apple TV via ethernet. I also have 2 laptops and an xbox 360 that connect to the Fios wirelessly. Everything can access the internet perfectly.

Advertisements