Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

THE ANTIVIRUS

• Please log in to reply

vitaum88

vitaum88

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I know there are numerous posts about antivirus programs and other software... But I wasn't able to find the information I needed so here it goes:

I just need the Antivirus that will protect me against all threats and that will not turn my pretty fast laptop into a mechanical sloth :/... Softwares which include Anti-Spyware solutions are highly appreciated...

I'm also willing to pay for them, so if you could give me examples of free and paid programs I'd be very glad.
Also, let me state that I've used Norton 2009 (for a year - I enjoyed it) and GData (for a month (trial period) - very powerful, and also VERY VERY demanding on computing resources...)

thanks in advance
-victor

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
The recommendations from staff and members of Geeks to Go is located at Free Antivirus and antimalware

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Also understand that it doesn't matter how good the AV is there are normally 150 to 200 new virus infections created everyday.
I myself use Avast as it updates at least once a day and sometimes twice a day.
A good combination of programs will cut your chances down to getting a infection.
Good real time AV
Malware protection like Malwarebytes
Spyware protection like SuperantiSpyware
Firewall enabled and working.

These programs will help you alot in the protection area.
Watch what you download and install on your system.
Stay away from P2P sites.
Do not visit questionable websites.
Make sure your OS is up to date on all security updates.

I hope this helps in your decision making process and as always if you have more questions please feel free to ask. 123Runner is a very good source of information and highly regarded on the site for his expertise and advice. :) :) :)