Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trying to install video card. please help

• Please log in to reply

newbtoob

newbtoob

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
i just built my first computer and everything is running as it should except the video card. the mobo i am using is this http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=5235299

the video card i have is

http://www.tigerdire...JhGfzqMpXjB9TlA

everytime i try to install the card using the install cd, a error message comes up saying "card requires system elevation" or something along those lines. someone please help me out!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hey newbtoob, simply download the latest drivers directly from the ATI website. When you are ready to install, right-click on the downloaded file and select "Run as Administrator"...

That should cut it nicely for you and give you the latest version right off the bat!

Regards,

Troy

(p.s. I am assuming this is not with Mac OSX as listed under your stats!!!)

newbtoob

newbtoob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hey newbtoob, simply download the latest drivers directly from the ATI website. When you are ready to install, right-click on the downloaded file and select "Run as Administrator"...

That should cut it nicely for you and give you the latest version right off the bat!

Regards,

Troy

(p.s. I am assuming this is not with Mac OSX as listed under your stats!!!)

thank you! that worked perfectly. mac osx was my last operating system, but now that i have my new pc is working order i'll have to change that