Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound Laptop to TV thru HDMI

• Please log in to reply

jodant06

jodant06

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently purchased my new VAIO and I love it. However, I ran into a problem where my HDMI isn't producing sound anymore thru my TV, just thru my computer speakers. When it was working I went into my sound setting thru the control panel and set my default to the HDMI and it worked perfectly. For some reason now when my laptop is plugged into my TV it displays the picture, but no sound, and when I go to set it to default, the HDMI option isn't even available anymore. (probably because I had a couple drinks and somehow hit a delete button and now it's gone) Now I don't know what to do. I have read several forums and havent found one thing that will help me. If anyone can lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS!!

Advertisements

C1B3R5NYP3R

C1B3R5NYP3R

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have run into this problem as well. If I try to change the setting while the video is playing it won't do anything for the sound. I have to plug in the HDMI cable then go into sound and make sure that HDMI is selected. Then it plays fine.

Have you tried to update the driver in device manager?

Click on the start button type in device manager in the search bar. Click on device manager in the list. Click on sound, video, and game controllers (your audio drivers are listed. usually only one)Double click that. Anew window should appear. Click on the driver tab. Click update driver. Follow the prompts and give it a try.