Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows 7 new computer

• Please log in to reply

royuix

royuix

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
About a month ago a bought new computer hardware. I bought the following:
-4gb OCZ Gold DDR3 RAm
-Club 3d radeon 5670 HD
-1 tb WD Caviar green HDD
-AMD Phenom X4 955 BE
-MSI 760M-E51

I´ve just installed a brand new legal copy of windows 7 64bit (ultimate) installation went fine. I insalled the drivers for the Chipset with the cd + audio + ethernet and also the GFX club 3d driver when I restarted the computer I installed firefox. After that I got a BSOD with memory_management.
Can anyone help me with this problem? I've had a lot of BSOD lately with different versions of windows 7 and I need help please.

thanks!

PS

Try reseating all the RAM, and then if you do a clean install, don't use any of the chipset drivers for the motherboard -- let Windows 7 use it's default drivers. I was having massive problems with my RAM with Win 7 (lockups and BSOD's galore) until I reformatted and only installed audio and GPU drivers.

I found this on a other forum could this be the problem I'm having?

Edited by royuix, 25 August 2010 - 09:13 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I´ve just installed a brand new legal copy of windows 7 64bit

Your computer came with what OS installed?

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

royuix

royuix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thank you for the quick reply!
The pc came with xp long time ago and then I got the new hardware and installed windows. I'm also experienceing a lot of firefox crashes.I ran the bsod check and I found one bsod then I got later today two more one new one and the same one as before. I'm currently running memtest but can't find any errors atm
Spoiler

Edited by royuix, 26 August 2010 - 01:22 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
If you have more than one RAM module installed, try running computer for a while with one RAM stick at a time.

royuix

royuix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok will do but is there anything from the bsod that you can locact the error from?

*Today I turned on the computer and left in on and after 10 minutes I got Memory Management.
Please can someone come up with something I can do? i'm going to test the RAM one stick at a time but could it be something else?

Edited by royuix, 27 August 2010 - 09:33 AM.

royuix

royuix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I tested and sadly one of the RAM sticks got about 2000 errors so.. I guess I have to replace it then, but does the warranty cover this?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It should.

royuix

royuix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok thanks for the help!! I've contacted OCZ Europe and the website I bought it from so I'll be alright. Thanks again for the help!
/closed

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're very welcome Posted Image