Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook Cell Phone Verification

• Please log in to reply

Fixforyou

Fixforyou

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Per a previous post regarding having an old number on the facebook account, I figured I would give it a try.

I tried to log into my facebook account and it asked me for my mobile number, I picked a random number I just happened to see on TV, it was even a 1-800 number.

I choose to receive a text for my verification. I do not own a mobile phone.

Then I used what I read on the previous post.. Text the letter F to 32665... 1st and wait for your confirm code... and it works or it did for me. Again I do not own a mobile phone so I used a friends and simply typed the letter F and sent it to 32665.

Within 10 seconds I received a confirmation code and entered it into the pop up on facebook that wanted the code and my account was restored and I have access again.

My buddy has a facebook account and has used his phone to verify his account. I did this over a week ago and he has had no issues with his account and I have not had any issues with my account since.

Hope this helps.

Advertisements

StaceyPahlmann

StaceyPahlmann

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Until 4 weeks ago, my iphone 4 and facebook were fine. Then someone used my cell phone to verify their facebook account. Now I cannot use my own cell # to verify my account to get status subscriptions etc. Can anyone help with this? I have used every help center mobile option available with no luck.

mjnmc

mjnmc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
sice facebook now sees your phone as representing your friend there isn't really anything you can do since fb has no prroper customer service whatsoever, using a cheap/spare sim to verify is a better way to do it then using a freinds phone :/ sorry

Daroswene

Daroswene

• Pip
  • 1 posts

@mandy41: I exactly have the same problem with you, I use my FB account for gaming. Now I can't log into it, I've managed to submit cell phone (prepaid) number, but never getting answer.
Looks like I have to stop playing game in FB, starting to move to Google+. The best is that Google allows multiple accounts.

I'm doing the same as both of you. I have several accounts for this reason and never saw anything to saw it was wrong to do so. I got the "enter phone number" message more than once today on several accounts. I must have switched too quickly between them. I don't have this problem on Google+ and most of the time, the games tend to run smoother anyway. I may start deleting Facebook accounts tonight.

hereisananswer

hereisananswer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here is a free solution to activate multiple accounts:

I got prompted to do this today. At first I was a bit annoyed. Fortunately, I do have a mobile phone that solved this problem.

First off, you need a phone that connect to wi-fi. This is not the same as a phone that can connect to the web via 2g/3g/4g. You would need to be at home or work or somewhere you have set up your mobile phone to be connected to your wi-fi router in the same manner as your laptop. If you can do this, your phone normally can call and receive text messages for free.

Next, find somewhere to get a free sim. You don't need any prepaid minutes or texts on it. In the UK this wasn't too hard- they are all over the place. I picked up one off the back of a catalogue for tourists and students in London.

Third, your phone needs to be unlocked in order to use different sims. I'm not sure if all phones need this but my blackberry did. This was not free unfortunately, but I needed a working phone anyways.

Once your new empty sim is working properly, get to your wi-fi spot and log onto facebook. Use the new empty number and you will receive a text and be able to bypass this. Then toss the sim and repeat.

I'm sorry that this isn't necessarily a solution for people without phones or people who are not using wi-fi capable phones. Good luck, hope this helps someone.

madsadorglad

madsadorglad

• Pip
  • 2 posts
DEAR FACEBOOK VERY FEW PEOPLE HAVE MY CELL TELEPHONE NUMBER. LIKE I WANT SOME COMPANY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY HAVING MY TELEPHONE NUMBER (in Canada).

HERE'S MY QUESTION. IF ANY OF YOU HAD TO PAY FOR FACEBOOK WOULD YOU PAY? I KNOW THAT I WOULDN'T! PEOPLE WOULD LEAVE IN DROVES. BY THE WAY YOU ARE NOT GETTING FACEBOOK FOR FREE THEY ARE GETTING SOMETHING. THEY ARE GETTING INFO ABOUT YOU (IT'S CALLED BIG DATA) AND THEY ARE 'SPAMMING YOU' WITH THEIR ADS.

remember email??? i am thinking i'll go back to emailing my friends. hey i have friends that do not have facebook i have to email them. they quite because it was boring or people they didn't know wanted to hit on them! etc. lots of people use facebook and don't even log in once a month. as if life was about facebook. FACEBOOK you are pretty cocky not giving people another route to verify whatever. half my family use flickr for sharing family photos albums NOT facebook or they use email. ROAD BLOCK? I SAY MAYBE CLOSE THE [bleep] ROAD PERIOD. JUST LET ME DISABLE MY ACCOUNT BEFORE YOU LOCK ME OUT OK?!

MY GIRLFRIEND AS A CELL BUT NO TEXT (She says she doesn't need it). SHE HAS FACEBOOK, SHE USES IT A BIT, BUT IF SHE HAS TO PAY FOR TEXTING UNDER THREAT!!!!!? ..I KNOW SHE WILL CLOSE OR ABANDON HER FACEBOOK ACCOUNT IN BLINK i mean immediately. SHE REGULARLY EMAILS HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY AROUND THE WORLD. FACEBOOK THINKS THEY ARE LIKE THE GOD OF THE INTERNET THESE DAYS. THEY COME AND THEY GO. FACEBOOK YOUR REPLACEMENT IS COMING, IT'S ON THE HORIZON. WATCH OUT.

hosa

hosa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
im on the same boat now except im not in the US and dont know how to text a US number; 32665.
~~~~~~~~

Edited by sari, 26 May 2012 - 08:31 AM.
removed profanity

KeelyHope :)

KeelyHope :)

• Pip
  • 1 posts
wellll..its asking me to put my number in so i can get a confirmation code, but like. Ive put in two different numbers. and neither of my phones have received a confirmation code. and Ive been waiting ever since last night. is their anyway that you can say you don't have a phone? and like ask them to send it too your email?

piccolovic

piccolovic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:thumbsup: I had this problem SO I deleted that facebook account and made a new account and I bypassed that. Then you have to log in a few times a week so they wont go to authorize you. If you dont log in to Fb much then FB thinks that you were a computer program that spams websites like FB so it asks for ph# to see if you are really a live person and not some spamming program. I had many FB accounts under made up names to see if that would work and it did.

SO my advice is :
1.to delete that account that keeps asking for a auth code.
2. run your anti-virus and delete the cookies clear the cache etc in your computer so that account and your computer is not recognized by FB any longer.
3.create a new FB account under your real name or similar name whatever you want.
4.you will follow the rules as to verify your email address etc /*you can also create a new email address with yahoo or whoever if you want(I have like 10 email accounts I use when I need to)I also have like 5 FB accounts under different names.
5.USE FB often OR they will ask for ph verification again!

hope this solves it for all you guys, good luck! :happy: :thumbsup:

Shanipeepers

Shanipeepers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, if I don't own a cell phone and it wont' take my home phone number what am I to do?

Advertisements

Ann C.

Ann C.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I do not have texting on my mobile phone.
When I asked for a resolution to THAT problem, THIS is what I received from "The Facebook Team."
Is it a hoax???

Hi,

Unfortunately, we can’t assist you until you reply and attach identification that verifies the name submitted in your request.

Please attach a copy of one government-issued ID (ex: driver's license or passport) or two documents from a respected institution or business. Together these documents must show your full name, photo, and date of birth.

Some examples of acceptable documents include:

- School or work ID
- Utility bill
- Marriage license
- Legal name change paperwork
- Credit card (with the number blacked out)
- Birth certificate

If possible, save this file as a JPEG and cover up any personal information that we don't need to verify your identity (ex: address, license number). We also recommend sending your attachments over a secure connection. Find out more here: https://www.facebook...148993491850191

Note that we won't be able to assist you until we receive the proper documents.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

hosa

hosa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Pity, i thought that it will last forever, i spent 4 years building my profile, i listed all my favorite movies and programs, etc.., i had high school buddies on there that there is no other way to contact them if i wanted to. All that POOF! i wont waste my time with FB anymore. and im sure NOT gonna send them any ID, and even if i needed it that badly, which i dont, it doesnt deserve the effort to send them an ID. All i want now is to be able to delete my account, because now its a floating zombie account and god knows who is trying to contact me. maybe even download my data. maybe i will send them a fake ID just to be able to delete my account.

shschaumburg

shschaumburg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
. Text the letter F to 32665... 1st and wait for your confirm code... and it works or it did for me. Again I do not own a mobile phone so I used a friends and simply typed the letter F and sent it to 32665.

Does this work to get back into Facebook? How does one verify his identity if one does not have a cell phone with texting or a scanner to send one's driver's license to Facebook???

Is there a phone number for Facebook to get this security authorization problem straightened out? Or is there an email address for Facebook Customer Service Department?

Edit: Email address removed for member security.

Edited by Wolfeymole, 14 May 2013 - 07:15 AM.

Mauricejayp

Mauricejayp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes, do yo be honest , I've made thirty three account's total, and in that day when i'm done friend requesting people, It send's me this confirm your the real thing , With a cell phone, But i don't have a cell phone i'm to sure no one else doe's either, So let's get something started here I mean any real ideals' that are simple?, Cause i'm to sure no one has cell phone's, For those people who do have cell phone's than help me OUT, IF you have some type of secret tact ,

Edit: Email address removed for member security.

Edited by Wolfeymole, 16 March 2013 - 02:35 AM.

AishaZahid

AishaZahid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I would like to quote my problem and appreciate if somebody will reply exactly to what i stated.

the pc I am logged into is a family laptop and we have vaarious facebook users. whenever we logged into it it asked for mobile verification.. all our ids are mobile and email verified. but everytime we login it ask for verification. and ultimately it locks it now or suspend the accounts. i really want to know the remedy of it. because I am tired of putting codes all the time. and still after putting the code it suspend or lock my account
please please help..!!!

Regards