Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MCAFEE

• Please log in to reply

samcro

samcro

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i keep getting pop ups from mcafee when i start my pc telling me...some mcafee security center componets might not have been installed or launched properly. i found the avast free antivirus thru geeks to go and installed it and have been running it,i uninstalled mcafee but still get this message, i even found revo uninstaller and tried using that but it doesnt find anything,my pc runs slow and sometimes when im online explorer runs very slow and pauses when loading sites stopping between loading a site saying internet explorer isnt responding....can anyone help me with this

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Removing McAfee Automatically

McAfee has created an automatic removal program to remove the following software products when the normal removal methods fail. It does not work with Windows 98 or Windows ME. The removal tool deletes all traces of the following products in Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP Home and Professional, and Windows Vista.

McAfee Security Center
McAfee VirusScan
McAfee Personal Firewall Plus
McAfee Privacy Service
McAfee SpamKiller
McAfee Wireless Network Security
McAfee SiteAdvisor
McAfee Data Backup
McAfee Network Manager
McAfee Easy Network
McAfee AntiSpyware
Follow these directions to download the McAfee Removal Tool and run it to remove the above programs.
Click on the following link to download the MCPR removal tool

http://download.mcaf...atches/MCPR.exe

Click Save and save the file to your desktop
Close all McAfee Application windows you may have open, and double-click on MCPR.exe to start the removal tool. Windows Vista users will have to right-click on the file and select "Run as Administrator"
After the removal tool finishes, you should be prompted to restart your computer.
Once the computer restarts, your McAfee product should be uninstalled.
If for any reason there appears a red X during the uninstall, go to the following location for more advanced uninstall instructions involving the registry.

http://tools.mcafeeh...=1&docid=419397

Extra Optional Steps
Open My Computer, double-click on Drive C
Double-click on Program Files
Look for any McAfee product folders that remain. Right-click on them and choose Delete
Close My Computer and other folders

Thanks to PCHELL for these instructions.

Hope this will help

samcro

samcro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thank you Alzeimer that worked perfectly

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
That is great,I am glad your problem is solve.