Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Bluescreen and Reboot Loop

• Please log in to reply

ang0822

ang0822

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,

My HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop is getting a blue screen every time I try to reboot.
After the blue screen, it goes through a reboot loop.
It does gets me to the screen where I can choose to reboot through safe mode or last good configuration.
However, no matter which one I choose, it goes through the blue screen and reboot loop.

One other thing, I already tried using the recovery disc but the same things are still happening.

Please help.

The error message is as shown below:
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent your computer.

If this the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Disable or uninstall any antivirus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for your hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:
*** STOP! 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x865DE2C8, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit ang0822?

The Stop 24 indicates a corrupted hard drive, (NTFS problem). The pinned Stop codes post on top of this forum does have some info on this. As the error message post indicates, you need to run CHKDSK on the drive. I'm not sure if your HP Recovery disk has a DOS prompt option, (Windows XP would let you start the recovery console where you can run CHKDSK). As you have a notebook, you may want to check the hard drive and make sure that it is firmly seated, (I sometimes run across client's whose hard drives have come slightly loose in notebooks). If you can't get to the Windows Recovery Console, your next best remedy would be to remove the drive and mount it in another computer as a slave drive or external drive case. There you could run repairs on the drive.

Hope this helps...

ang0822

ang0822

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for replying to my post.
Sorry for the late reply.

I got some help from a friend's dad and I don't know what he did but it got pass the blue-screen.
So I didn't get to try the method out. But I will keep this forum bookmarked if I even encounter something like this again.

Thanks again for replying!

Laters.

Edited by ang0822, 03 September 2010 - 12:03 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you should still run chkdsk /r