Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All Browsers open slowly.

• Please log in to reply

Elyk93

Elyk93

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey, I just built a brand new computer and put Windows 7 Home Prem on it. I know everything is built fine (this isnt the first time I built a computer because i'm pretty good with hardware.)

OT: Everytime I try to open up any type of web browser from Crome, IE 8, Firefox. It opens up very slowly. I've tried disabling all addons, running as admin, running without addons on all of them and none tend to work. Opening other files works fine such as games etc. But when I try to open up a web browser. It takes about 30-60 sec to open. I know its not my internet because I have other computers in my house that still work fine besides this one. If anyone could give me some advice on how to fix this.

Thanks,
ELYk

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
See, if same thing happens in Safe Mode with Networking.

Elyk93

Elyk93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

See, if same thing happens in Safe Mode with Networking.

Yes I tried opening it with Safe mode with Networking and the problem still continues.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Do you have a home page set to blank?

Elyk93

Elyk93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Do you have a home page set to blank?

Yeah and i've tried disabling all add-ons/plug-ins still does not fix the problem.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What AV/firewall do you use?

Elyk93

Elyk93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

What AV/firewall do you use?

Norton Internet Security

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
For testing purposes, uninstall it completely, using Norton Removal Tool: http://www.symantec....0080710133834EN
Make sure to turn Windows firewall ON and see how it goes.

Elyk93

Elyk93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

For testing purposes, uninstall it completely, using Norton Removal Tool: http://www.symantec....0080710133834EN
Make sure to turn Windows firewall ON and see how it goes.

Yet again it did not worked I counted and it took around 45 sec to open.

randygarmon

randygarmon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This complaint is EXACTLY what's happening to me right now. I also use Norton 360, but, after reading this, don't plan on uninstalling it. I did disable its firewall and antivirus to see if that would help and it didn't. I have two other computers in the house and they browse just fine. The computer I'm sitting at right now is the one that just started doing this. Firfox ALSO does it. I ran TrendMicro's Housecall and scanned with Norton. I tried Spybot Search and Destroy. None of this produced anything except Spybot. It found three tracking cookies but nothing else. Checked the download speed on Speakeasy.org and it's real fast as if nothing is wrong. Changed to WPS security on the modem/router because I found it was on WEP 128 bit. Thought this might speed things up if I went to 64 bit encryption but that didn't work. Matched all my browser settings with one of the good computers but to no avail. Tried uninstalling IE8 and that didn't change anything. The pages take 20 to 30 seconds to load. It just says "waiting" for blah blah blah to respond. Mail program connecting to server is also slow. When the page finally loads, it posps up like it came from a burst or something. Like it was just holding back until it could release it all at once. Also tried in safe mode plus networking. Same thing. I've attached my hijackThis log file to this message. Would appreciate a pointer or two to help figure this out.

Edited by randygarmon, 06 October 2010 - 07:12 AM.