Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

Mrsmoose

Mrsmoose

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi,

I hope you can help me???

Everytime I open my outlook a box pops up and says "The data file "Personal Folders" wasn't closed properly. This file is being checked for problems". It restarts that process several times. While doing that, my whole system slows down.

Once it finally opens up, I can't do anything in there, as soon as I click in my "In box" it freezes and then it gives me a message "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an exchange server e-main account, you can cancel pending server request by clicking the outlook icon in the notification area and then clicking cancel server requests on the shortcut menu (which I don't see).

Then if I try to click again in my in box it gives me a message "Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents & Settings\.....\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsof\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quite Outlook and then use the inbox repair tool SCANPST.EXE to diagnose and repair errors in the file.

When I try to run it it says this application has failed because SCNPST32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this proplem. I even reinstalled Microsoft office and nothing changed.

Can you please help me!!

Advertisements

Mychael

Mychael

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I cannot give you an answer to your specific problem but I can suggest you try Windows live mail. I also run XP and it works fine. I may stand to be corrected but I don't think outlook is supported anymore by Microsoft. I swapped to live mail after having trouble with Outlook and been very happy.

Edited by Mychael, 30 August 2010 - 03:16 AM.

Mrsmoose

Mrsmoose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Thanks Mychael for your suggestion. I guess I took care of it without wanting to do what I did. I accidently pressed on Restore button instead of Recovery and lost everything. I just now reinstalled my Office and my Outlook is working fine. I lost everything else in the process, special family pictures, important projects but...............my OUTLOOK is working now :) :) Thanks to everyone who took a look.